click-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis M. J. Yerger" <dennisyerge...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Creating Pages during Postbacks
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 06:47:28 GMT

Thank you, Bob. Your answer makes sense. I look forward to sharing more of my thoughts on
Click in the future.

Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 07:42:56 +0200
Subject: Re: Creating Pages during Postbacks
From: sabob1@gmail.com
To: dev@click.apache.org

Hi Dennis,

In the postback he form and fields should be created in order to process and validate the
values and persist data. I would assume that if the values were incorrect you would render
the page again to show the error messages. Only when everything is correct would you redirect
to another page.

But to answer your question you could put conditional code around constructing your controls
with either:
http://click.apache.org/docs/click-api/org/apache/click/Context.html#isPost()

or if you want to know if a specific form was submitted you could create just that form and
check:
http://click.apache.org/docs/click-api/org/apache/click/control/Form.html#isFormSubmission()

Hope this helps.

Kind regards