click-dev mailing list archives

From seemarich <seema.rich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception handling
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 01:56:27 GMT
hi Bob,

I'm able to catch the exception in my page class and generate a formatted
error message which I display to the user. This code is common in every page
and hence I did not want to repeat it in every page class. What I was trying
to do is handle this centrally by overriding the handleException method of
ClickServlet and put the error message generation code there and set it into
a bindable variable of the page object which caused the exception (so that
it can be displayed to the user). However, I'm not able to navigate to the
same page and show the message. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Seema