click-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Moritz Kammerer (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (CLK-727) Parameters in Links etc. aren't encoded according to RFC-1738
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 10:11:42 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-727?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Moritz Kammerer updated CLK-727:
--------------------------------

    Description: 
Parameters in, for example, PageLinks, aren't encoded correctly.

When adding a parameter to a link that contains for example the char ö, it isn't encoded
to %F6, but it should.
I've tried to manually encode the parameter, but unfortunatelly the URLEncoder encodes my
% sign to %25 (so it is double encoded).

Btw, the URLEncoder encodes a space to a plus sign, and not, as stated in the click documentation,
to %20.

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1738.html

  was:
The URLEncoder/URLDecoder used by click to encode parameters of links etc. doesn't produce
valid urls according to RFC-1738 [1].

When adding a parameter to a link that contains for example the char ö, it isn't encoded
to %F6, but it should.
I've tried to manually encode the parameter, but unfortunatelly the URLEncoder encodes my
% sign to %25 (so it is double encoded).

Btw, the URLEncoder encodes a space to a plus sign, and not, as stated in the click documentation,
to %20.

Please change the encoding/decoding to a RFC-1738 compliant encoder. I can provide an implementation,
if needed.

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1738.html

        Summary: Parameters in Links etc. aren't encoded according to RFC-1738  (was: Use
real RFC-1738 encoding, don't rely on the URLEncoder/URLDecoder class.)

> Parameters in Links etc. aren't encoded according to RFC-1738
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CLK-727
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-727
>             Project: Click
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: core
>            Reporter: Moritz Kammerer
>
> Parameters in, for example, PageLinks, aren't encoded correctly.
> When adding a parameter to a link that contains for example the char ö, it isn't encoded
to %F6, but it should.
> I've tried to manually encode the parameter, but unfortunatelly the URLEncoder encodes
my % sign to %25 (so it is double encoded).
> Btw, the URLEncoder encodes a space to a plus sign, and not, as stated in the click documentation,
to %20.
> [1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1738.html

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message