click-dev mailing list archives

From Finn Bock <bck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Radio control with same name.
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:32:53 GMT
2010/7/13 Bob Schellink:
> On 13/07/2010 19:00, Finn Bock wrote:
>> ... On the one hand replacing the control is nice
>> (due to CLK-666), on the other hand it is obviously wrong to do so for
>> Radio controls where we want to have multiple controls with the same
>> name.
>
> Prior to CLK-666 the page (or parent container) threw an exception because two controls
cannot have
> the same name, so CLK-666 haven't changed the behavior and is consistent with the rest
of the
> framework. That is why radios have to be wrapped in a RadioGroup.

Okey dokey. I would add that I would be more impressed if click was
consistent with html and less consistent with the mistake that names
must be semi unique (click require unique names within a container,
but allows the same name in different containers, like 2 fieldsets, in
the same form).

regards,
Finn