click-dev mailing list archives

From "Md. Jahid Shohel" <development....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:09:31 GMT
Saying from my experience, whenever I talked to people, I saw them judging a
frameworks considering, how strong their community is, how good their
support is. I agree that good tutorials, blogs helps a lot. But getting
online help (forum based, or instant) attracts people, because it keeps them
going with the development. Because on online example it is not possible to
cover all cases that all user can go through, and that is the phase when
user try to reach community for help. I used such help while i was working
with Java, Wicket, Spring, Javascript, Hibernate, Scala and lift. And for
all those, I just went to the room, and just ask about the issue, And I got
instant answer. I really enjoyed that, then searching and reading forums, or
googling about certain issue. But of course these can vary person to person.

Yes also agree with Malcom, and Bob that having a list of sites who uses the
technology helps use a lot to choose a framework. So Bob's idea about having
the list sites who uses the application is a good idea.