click-dev mailing list archives

From "Md. Jahid Shohel" <development....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 09:07:32 GMT
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Bob Schellink <sabob1@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/07/2010 09:36, Md. Jahid Shohel wrote:
> >
> > 1) irc channel: I can create one on freenode. And we all can come there
> > when we are online. That way users can get live help. Will also open
> > scope for us to chat online. Most of the popular frameworks have
> > channels under freenode. That way normal users also becomes helper for
> > each other. And not to mention that, live helps are better then any sort
> > of forum based (asynchronous) helps, because its live :). Of course
> > cooperation from all will be needed for this.
>

> I don't see how this will expand the user base but feel free to open an IRC
> channel and we can add
> it to the website somewhere. I personally don't use live channels because
> its too easy to get
> interrupted. There is also no searchable archive (but I could be wrong)?
>

>I don't see how this will expand the user base but feel free to open an IRC
channel and we can add

Getting the support fast, support always works for people. and when they
recommend about a framework, they say it like this way "their support is
very good, and community is very strong". and while saying those, i saw
people mentioning irc channels.

>There is also no searchable archive (but I could be wrong)?

Yes there is if we can spend time. I saw channels (ex. Java, Wicket,
Spring,etc channels) grew up their irc bot, which contains a lot of
information, and its easily searchable. And in fact, there is a Kenai Java
project for such irc bot. Of course, dedication is needed for that to grow
up the bot. Once a bot is matured, then bot in fact reply everything :)

I have registered a room on freenode (irc.freenode.com) with name #click.
Lets see how it goes.