click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance, velocity Renderable and Decorator
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:14:33 GMT
On 15/07/2010 22:58, Bob Schellink wrote:

> Does this mean we won't support JSP or Freemarker?

Ok I had quick look at the patch and don't think it would affect JSP or Freemarker. If we
can get
away with it, I'd prefer not to add the extra render method to AbstractControl.

The unused code inside VelocityTemplateService looks very clever though. Do you know what
the
overhead is of registering the ReferenceInsertionHandler? In one of our applications we use
the
ReferenceInsertionHandler to HTML escape non-Control references. Didn't think it would have
a large
impact but perhaps I was wrong?

Kind regards

Bob