click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 03:51:30 GMT
On 4/07/2010 09:36, Md. Jahid Shohel wrote:

> 1) irc channel: I can create one on freenode. And we all can come there
> when we are online. That way users can get live help. Will also open
> scope for us to chat online. Most of the popular frameworks have
> channels under freenode. That way normal users also becomes helper for
> each other. And not to mention that, live helps are better then any sort
> of forum based (asynchronous) helps, because its live :). Of course
> cooperation from all will be needed for this.

I don't see how this will expand the user base but feel free to open an IRC channel and we
can add
it to the website somewhere. I personally don't use live channels because its too easy to
get
interrupted. There is also no searchable archive (but I could be wrong)?

> 2) Groups: There are some extremely popular groups I know, where we can
> post our updates and release news. These groups are Java user groups. I
> personally can take care of this posting new updates and releases.

+1 good idea.

I think the main way to popularize a framework is through articles and blog entries. Showcases
is
another good way convincing folk of the validity of a framework. We have a "Powered by"[1]
WIKI page
but is not prominent enough. Perhaps we can link to it from the homepage. There is also a
book which
isn't prominent enough on our homepage.

Bob

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLICK/Powered+By+Click