click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing OgnlOps, ConcurrentReaderHashMap and WebappLoader
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:08:40 GMT
>> I guess this is due to  the move to OpenSymphony. There was even a very
>> recent 3.0 release, so people *are* working on the project.
>

> Ognl was moved to OpenSymphony more than 3 years ago. The original authors have all left
the project
> and one of the Tapestry devs took over. So while someone might be working on it I could
not find the
> source repository or active mailing lists.
The source repository is on github:
http://github.com/jkuhnert/ognl
and as you can see from the timeline:
http://github.com/jkuhnert/ognl/network
it was all the time under constant work.

Also regarding the javassist dependency, this shouldn't be a problem
cause the scope of the dependency is "provided":
http://github.com/jkuhnert/ognl/issues/closed#issue/2

>> Couldn't this functionality be included simply in Velocity Core?
>> It looks that many web frameworks/projects are using it, and some do
>> what Click does, other simply include VelocityTools JAR
>> - but mostly just for this single class.
>
> That is a question for the Velocity devs. It would certainly be beneficial for us.
Well, one of the Velocity Devs is also a Click dev, isn't he? :).

Adrian.