click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing OgnlOps, ConcurrentReaderHashMap and WebappLoader
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:54:58 GMT
> I don't think upgrading is an option as
> Ognl has dependencies on Javaassist
Since OGNL 2.7, it looks like this dependency was introduced.
I'll ask to see if it's possible remove that dependency.

> and the project
> development is quite obscure.
I guess this is due to  the move to OpenSymphony. There was even a very
recent 3.0 release, so people *are* working on the project.

> 2. Drop ConcurrentReaderHashMap and use JDK5 ConcurrentHashMap. I know there were concerns
raised
> wrt Spring but it isn't clear what those issues are. We can always revert once we have
more details.
+1.
I observed that upgrading Spring made those issues disappear.

> 3. We should rename WebappLoader as it can have the same issue as #1 if Velocity Tools
is included
> in a Click project.
Couldn't this functionality be included simply in Velocity Core?
It looks that many web frameworks/projects are using it, and some do
what Click does, other simply include VelocityTools JAR
- but mostly just for this single class.

Thank you,

Adrian.