click-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilberto C. Andrade" <gilbert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing OgnlOps, ConcurrentReaderHashMap and WebappLoader
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:43:25 GMT
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Adrian A. <a.adrian.tech@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also regarding the javassist dependency, this shouldn't be a problem
>>> cause the scope of the dependency is "provided":
>>> http://github.com/jkuhnert/ognl/issues/closed#issue/2
>>>

>> I assume that is maven-speak :) Does provided mean optional?
>>
> I think it's something like this - if the users "provides" it at runtime,
> than it will be used, otherwise it's not required.
>
> Adrian.
>
> No, it is a dependence!
It means ognl won't work if you (you environment) don't have it[1]. (for
example: javax.annotation is provided, if you don't have it nothing works!)

Gilberto

[1]
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/pom-relationships-sect-project-dependencies.html#pom-relationships-sect-dependency-scope