click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confusing page class mapping
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:33:25 GMT
After Malcolm's comment I don't think we should move in this direction. The classname should
be
treated as an absolute name. Logically that makes sense and both IDE implementers interpreted
it
this way too. Having absolute classname makes hotlinking quite straightforward, no mucking
around
with the package name.

Another advantage of this approach is its possible to define a page outside the defined "package"
without having to create another <pages> element.

Wrt the docs, the only incorrect section is the second and third examples here:

http://click.apache.org/docs/user-guide/html/ch04s02.html#application-automapping

To keep backward compatibility we can still load the classname with the package prefixed if
the
classname can't be found.

Kind regards

Bob