click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing OgnlOps, ConcurrentReaderHashMap and WebappLoader
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:26:41 GMT
On 17/06/2010 19:54, Adrian A. wrote:
> I guess this is due to  the move to OpenSymphony. There was even a very
> recent 3.0 release, so people *are* working on the project.

Ognl was moved to OpenSymphony more than 3 years ago. The original authors have all left the
project
and one of the Tapestry devs took over. So while someone might be working on it I could not
find the
source repository or active mailing lists.

> Couldn't this functionality be included simply in Velocity Core?
> It looks that many web frameworks/projects are using it, and some do
> what Click does, other simply include VelocityTools JAR
> - but mostly just for this single class.

That is a question for the Velocity devs. It would certainly be beneficial for us.

Bob