click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues or no issue...
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 07:37:56 GMT
On 15/06/2010 06:01, Finn Bock wrote:

> In jira [1] and the development notes for 2.3 [2] there is outlined a
> desire for a default implementation of the ConfigService. I'm working
> on this and will welcome your comments when it is ready. Your Click
> annotations is an obvious candidate for subclassing the
> DefaultConfigService class instead of XmlConfigService.

I agree with this approach. The XmlConfigService methods is tightly coupled to XML so exposing
those
methods might lead to subclasses that have to deal with XML as well. With a clean default
implementation we could expose more surface areas for wiring up the configuration in different
ways.

Kind regards

Bob