click-dev mailing list archives

From georgex <george.st...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Click annotation
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:19:37 GMT

Md. Jahid Shohel wrote:

> I have created annotations based configuration/usability for click. Using
> which you can replace  click.xml based configurations. Please check if you
> like it. Also, if there is something you feel is missing, please let me
> know
> (the the user group or direct mail me). The current version is 1.0-RC1.
> The
> details can be found on -
>
> * Project home page -
> http://code.google.com/p/doubleclick/
>

> * Click annotation home page -
> http://code.google.com/p/doubleclick/wiki/clickannotation

Nice work.

There looks to be something similar in work:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-661

Not trying to be picky, but reading the documentation and giving it a try,
this all looks to me a lot more complicated than a a few-liner, dead-simple
XML :( .

Not sure how is everybody's workflow, but I just copy over click.xml form
examples at project start, modify it a little and ready after a few seconds.
For rest of the following weeks or months of project work, I barely touch
that click.xml.

thanks,
George.
p.s. as a noob, I can't let the feeling that the skilled developers are
trying to improve Click in places where's not much gain. There are so many
open issues that would really bring big leaps: see the Popular Issues from
JIRA http://tinyurl.com/37shjm4