click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Click 2.3 development notes
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 05:42:43 GMT
Hi all,

With 2.2.0 behind us its to look ahead at the next release. For 2.3 we have 21 open issues.
Nothing
keeps momentum going as new releases so lets aim for 2.3 final by the end of June. That gives
us
roughly a month of development with a week for fixing bugs.

I'll be concentrating on implementing JavaScript agnostic Ajax support and extracting more
pluggable
services where possible. I'd really like to see a Java based ConfigService since the xml based
configuration, click.xml, has grown quite large over the years and its easy to make misspell
classnames when configuring services. A Java based config service has the added advantage
that the
configuration can be documented with JavaDoc and be available in the IDE. The XML based
configuration will still be the default approach to configure Click though.

Kind regards

Bob