click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Make getHtmlImports final
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:11:48 GMT
Hi all,

I've migrated the Controls to use getHeadElements instead of the old String based getHtmlImports.

One of the dangers of this refactoring is the impact it can have on existing applications
still
using getHtmlImports. This is especially problematic where users have subclassed and overwritten
getHtmlImports in order to specify alternative imports.

Having a compile time error instead of a behavioral error is cheaper to fix, so I suggest
we remove
getHtmlImports completely and make it final in AbstractControl. That way if it is subclassed
the IDE
will complain straight away prompting folk to upgrade to getHeadElements.

Any thoughts?

kind regards

bob