click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Static menu methods
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:34:26 GMT
> With regard to the Menu creation. I would like to see a builder
> pattern used. I have used this in a work application and I am very
> happy with the results. The builder class can also support alternative
> caching options (CLK-405)
Could you please attach that MenuBuilder to one of the menu issues ?
(In CLK-405 you mention a Factory pattern in the comment instead of the
Builder pattern)

> In terms of rolling this pattern into Click, I would suggest a 2 step strategy:
> version 2.2  add org.apache.click.extras.builder.MenuBuilder class and
> depreciate the static factory methods on the Menu class
> version 2.3 or 2.4  remove the static factory methods on the Menu class
OK, I'll do it so.
I will also update the click-examples and QuickStart to use this new
approach.

> In terms of adding arbitrary properties to the Menu class (CLK-407),
> we could dynamically load other properties (visible, enabled, etc.)
> from Menu XML attributes.
I already checked those in.
There remains only the question of propagating or not the properties in
the child nodes too?:
http://tinyurl.com/ycfzxc3

Thank you,

Adrian.