click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP GET should not change the data on the server?
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:06:18 GMT
One of the main reasons to have replayable GET requests is so you can cache the content for
high
access websites. If you are developing a non-public low traffic website there is no reason
to cache
the result and no reason not to take advantage of the simplicity of GET requests.

The Click example could be implemented with GET or POST requests, nothing in Click stops you
from
using one or the other. For example, instead of having a "delete" link, the example could
be
implemented by having a "Delete" button on the edit-customer.htm page. However the user now
has to
select the customer before deleting it. Alternatively the table could be wrapped in a Form
and
checkboxes used to select which row to delete, ala gmail.

kind regards

bob