click-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where is EXAMPLES variable defined which used in .classpath file
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:44:36 GMT
> So these classpath entries were used for IDE support?
I believe .classpath and .project are files that belong to Eclipse IDE,
i.e. are generated by Eclipse.
Netbeans will generate other files, IntelliJ other files, and so on.
This is why it's better not to include them in SVN.
The only exceptions I believe are when it would be much more difficult
for the user to setup a project, or when those files are required to be
able to build it: and that's  just not the case with Java based projects :).

Even if you use Eclipse, when working on Click itself, I believe it's
better to setup the your own projects as you like, or you can model them
after the ANT build.xml file, or if you are a Maven fan, than you can
let Maven generate them.

Joseph.