click-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where is EXAMPLES variable defined which used in .classpath file
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:40:33 GMT

> I noticed in .classpath I saw some entries with CLASSPATH variable:
>
> <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/ashwood-2.0.jar"/>
> <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar"/>
> <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/hsqldb-1.8.0.1.jar"/>
> <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/jstl-1.1.2.jar"/>
> <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/log4j-1.2.14.jar"/>
>
> However when I tried to do grep in the src tree I could not find where
> EXAMPLES being set.
> I believe it should point to "click/examples/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/".
yes it should (for this particular case).
Even better you ignore those Eclipse files.

> Should these entries be changed to "lib" kind of entries and change
> EXAMPLES with "click/examples/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/" like some other
> entries in the .classpath file.
>
> I could log Jira for this and attach the patch.
I believe there's no need for this. This is not a bug.

IDE specific files usually should not be checked into the SVN, as there
are many type of IDEs the users have, and they have various settings
too, so many times another user checks in, some settings will be changed
again.

Joseph.