click-dev mailing list archives

From Marco Gattei <marco.gat...@gmail.com>
Subject ClickClick Jquery Autocomplete
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:41:11 GMT
Hi everyone ,

i'm trying to play with Jquery AutoCompleteField from wobnderful clickclick
project ....
What i'm trying to do is submit extra params to the server when requesting
the list for autocomplete field.
(i.e. i choose state first, then autosuggest city that are only in that
state ).
Jquery autocomplete plugin has a nice feature that allow to define extra
params to send with the ajax request for autocomplete.

http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Autocomplete#Dependencies_between_fields.

I tried it, but when i set this particular option, the server method for
getting suggestion list doesn't get invoked !!!!
Removing the option from jquery $('selector').autocomplete( url , options )
gets  JQAutoCompleteField  to work again.

I tried to sniff HTTP dialog between client and server and i noticed that
where JQuery autocomplete with extraParam options on,
request to the server are made whit type='application/xml' .
When  extraParam is off, request type = 'text/plain'.
It seems like when request type of the ajax request is not text/plain, Click
isn't able to invoke the JQAutoCompleteFiled listener.

As someone any idea ?

Is that a Click or a JQuery iussue ?

--
Marco