click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClickClick Jquery Autocomplete
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:12:04 GMT
Hi Marco,

If you want commit access to ClickClick let me know. Please note that Click itself might support

Ajax in a future release which will impact ClickClick. For example if we introduce behaviors
in
Click, then ClickClick Helper objects would very likely be refactored into these behaviors.

In the changes you made to AutoComplete I'd suggest that "options" should always be rendered.
That
way, even if a new version of AutoComplete is released, its new options can easily be used
without
having to release a new version of AutoComplete.

Perhaps options should be a map as well? Most JavaScript options are JSON based so perhaps
we should
look for a small JSON third-party library, or write one ourselves. For example a Map could
be
rendered as:

{key: value, key: value}

and a Map of Maps could become:

{key: value, key: value {nested-key: nested-value, nested-key: nested-value}}

kind regards

bob