click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClickIDE release manager
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 06:30:43 GMT
Hi Naoki,

Before voting you'll need at least a RSA 4096 bit KEY and upload it to a public key server
such as
pgp.mit.edu.

See the first paragraph here:

   http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html

So I suggest you create a new RSA 4096 bit key and use that for signing releases. That key
also
needs to be uploaded to a public key server such as 'pgp.mit.edu'.

Here are the steps outlining how to create and sign the release:

1. Grab the latest version of GPG here: http://www.gnupg.org/ (you'll need at least version
2.0.12)

2. Change your config to avoid SHA-1: http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html#key-prefs

3. Generate a RSA 4096 key, and a revocation certificate ->
http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html#key-gen-generate-key

4. Upload the key to a public server: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --send-keys <YOUR-KEY>

5. Create and add an ascii armored key to the KEYS file in Click SVN[1]:

   generate an ascii armored key and add to the KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html#export-option-output

Currently the Click KEYS file only contain one key. See the Velocity KEYS file for an example
of
having multiple keys in the KEYS file:

   http://www.apache.org/dist/velocity/KEYS

Setting up the keys is a bit of pain the first time, so let me know if you need help with
these steps.

kind regards

bob

[1]: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/click/trunk/click/KEYS?revision=907362&view=markup