click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release of ClickIDE
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 21:55:49 GMT
Hi Naoki,

Yes, we haven't had a release of Click and ClickIDE in a long time. We only have one remaining

hurdle though which is the migration of Click infrastucture to a TLP:

Once the above issues have been resolved we can push out Click 2.1.0 as a TLP.

For ClickIDE we will need to go through the codebase and check that we meet Apache legal
requirements. For example, what is the license of the icons? Are there any code in ClickIDE
that is
under a different license from Apache License 2.0? Perhaps a third-party library? We will
need to
list that in a LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt file. (I will help with this).

I checked out the project from [1] but cannot find how to build and run the IDE from source.
There
are three subprojects under the eclipse folder. Should we import only the root folder or each

subproject individually? Would you mind adding a README.txt to the ClickIDE project outlining
how to
build and run the project from source? You could use Click's README [2] as an example.

kind regards

bob

[1]: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/click/trunk/tools/eclipse/
[2]: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/click/trunk/click/README.txt?view=markup