click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new Javadoc 5 tags
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2009 14:28:26 GMT
> We can do it before or after, shouldn't matter too much.
I've tried it on several classes and I'm not sure at all that it might
be easier with {@code } because:
1. Many IDEs don't seem to "interpret" this tag for quick preview (in
the editor window - so now one needs to build all the time the javadoc
from ANT to see the result of changes}.
2. The code doesn't look more readable to me (for the classes I've
tried)- in fact is much harder now to distinguish between "interpreted"
and "non-interpreted" HTML markup when editing :(.

The problem I see is for the cases where they are mixed - and many of
our code snippets are mixed because of the nice color outline of the
essential parts.

So the question is: should we proceed (than I'll start to check-in) or
not with this kind of change.

Thank you,

Adrian.