click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resources not deployed on JBoss 5
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 05:33:01 GMT
After some investigation it seems alot of web frameworks are struggling with JBoss 5 new Virtual

File System:

Spring: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-5120
Struts2: https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3181
Stripes: http://www.stripesframework.org/jira/browse/STS-655

The good folks at Stripes seem to have a solution (holding thumbs) which we could adapt for

deploying resources.

With JBoss 5, Spring component scanning doesn't work in 2.5.6, but 3.0-RC1 does. So our examples

won't work when deployed to JBoss unless we upgrade the example to Spring-3.0-RC1. I've also
noticed
that Spring 3.0 did away with the single jar, so we need to specify the individual jars.

kind regards

bob