click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Click 2.1.0-RC1
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 14:04:21 GMT

> We could probably host Click examples on GAE with this and the GAE work
-1 for moving click-examples to GAE/J.
Click-examples are the "maximum" of Click coverage in a web application,
and since GAE/J is restrictive, there will be always parts(components)
of click that won't work.
Since click-examples are so important for new users(and not just them -
since it's a sort of code snippet repo), IMHO they should remain on
Avoka (if hosting is a problem, Stax.net could host them, and it's not
restrictive like GAE/J).

I think ClickClick has many good examples that could be hosted on GAE/J
instead of click-examples. They also don't depend all on Cayenne, so the
effort would much smaller than to rewrite click-examples to JPA (or to
make Cayenne work on GAE/J).

Adrian.