click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update RichTextArea example
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:46:28 GMT
We need to be careful about adding further JavaScript dependencies. JSCalendar
was abandoned. The CalendarDateSelect project seems to have lost steam.

I guess that is the risk of relying on libraries that only have a single developer.

Looking further into Nicedit today, it seems to have the same problem in that
there is only a single developer on the project. Furthermore I'm not even sure
its a true open source project. At least I could not find the source repository
on the site.

Come to think of it, perhaps Nicedit isn't a viable replacement for YUI at this
stage.

An alternative might be Xinha[1] which is used by Apache Roller.

bob

[1]: http://trac.xinha.org/