click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Click 2.1.0-RC1 Documentation Tweaks
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 22:13:52 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:
> I've had a chance to go through the (truly excellent) documentation,
> and, from a mentor perspective came up with a few notes.
>
> [Click versus Apache Click]
>
> Ideally, we should sprinkle in more references to "Apache Click" to
> reinforce the branding. Typically, we would want to refer Apache Click
> at the beginning of major section, and then reduce that to Click later
> on.

Will fix for the next release.

> [blog]
>
> Ideally, we should open up an account at blogs.apache.org, and start
> posting blog entries there instead.

Didn't know about Apache's blog. I'll open a JIRA as indicated in Gavin's mail.

> [friends of click]
>
> The ASF has some top-level sponsors, and we shouldn't dilute their
> support by overusing the word sponsor. In reference to the last
> section of Click Online, I'd suggest taking a look at what Jackrabbit
> does with their "Thanks" links.
>
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/

OK, in the meantime I've removed sponsors from the website.
My only real concern was with YourKit (I use it frequently to gauge Click's performance)
but I notice JackRabbit provides attribution to them as well, so we'll do the same.

> After that, and the other changes Bob indicated elsewhere, I think we
> should consider applying for graduation from the incubator. There will
> always be more to do on the code-side, but from a community and
> packaging perspective, Apache Click seems (more than) ready to rock.

We actually attempted for graduation back in April. Discussion can be found here[1]. In the
end it
was decided that we need a bit more time to expand our committer base.

kind regards

bob

[1]: http://markmail.org/thread/f6h3mjixjdgsnh43