click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to become a commiter?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 21:44:07 GMT
Hi Jeff,

ljnb01 wrote:
> I checked out Click project out of svn, how can I apply for an account to
> become a committer to help fix bugs etc?

Sounds great, thanks for the offer.

The easiest way to start contributing is by submitting patches via JIRA. To allow others to
provide
input on new features/bugs, I'd suggest having a discussion on this list first before raising
the JIRA.

Patches are then reviewed and applied and credit is given to individuals in our Changelog[1].

Contributors who provide frequent and valuable contributions to the project are then given
committer
access. Committers are given full write access to the repository and don't have to submit
their work
through patches anymore.

Note that contributing doesn't necessitate writing code. It can be of various forms such as

enhancing documentation, helping out on the user list, taking part in discussions and just
generally
contributing in a positive way.

kind regards

bob