click-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <...@husted.com>
Subject Click 2.1.0-RC1 Documentation Tweaks
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 13:02:25 GMT
I've had a chance to go through the (truly excellent) documentation,
and, from a mentor perspective came up with a few notes.

[Click versus Apache Click]

Ideally, we should sprinkle in more references to "Apache Click" to
reinforce the branding. Typically, we would want to refer Apache Click
at the beginning of major section, and then reduce that to Click later
on.

[blog]

Ideally, we should open up an account at blogs.apache.org, and start
posting blog entries there instead.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gavin <gavin@16degrees.com.au>
Date: Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 7:30 AM
Subject: Blogs for projects
To: pmcs@apache.org
Cc: ASF PRC Team <prc@apache.org>

Hi All,

PMCs please note that you are all welcome to have your own project specific
blog at http://blogs.apache.org - 3 projects have already done so, and
infrastructure had their blog, and the public relations committee (PRC) also
runs the official 'Foundation' blog (http://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ -
so you should contact the PRC with regards to official press releases you
want doing)

To request a blog, please open an infra jira ticket with the blogs component
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA/component/12312810 - mention
the names of any PMC members who need an account as signups are turned off
they need to be created manually just like other infra services (and no we
are no LDAP ready yet but its coming :) )

Note that committers can still voice their own individual opinions by
linking their own personal blog to http://planet.apache.org/committers.

Any questions or comments are welcome on the infra list.

Enjoy!

----------

If anyone would like help hooking up a personal blog with Planet
Apache, let me know.

Either way, if it's meant to be an "official" blog, we should style it
"Apache Click Framework".

----

[friends of click]

The ASF has some top-level sponsors, and we shouldn't dilute their
support by overusing the word sponsor. In reference to the last
section of Click Online, I'd suggest taking a look at what Jackrabbit
does with their "Thanks" links.

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/

I'd suggest doing the same, and adding a Thanks section after
Reference, that includes the "attributions" we now have on the Click
Online page (though using less begrudging language:).

After that, and the other changes Bob indicated elsewhere, I think we
should consider applying for graduation from the incubator. There will
always be more to do on the code-side, but from a community and
packaging perspective, Apache Click seems (more than) ready to rock.

HTH, Ted.