click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Click 2.1.0 release date?
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 20:04:03 GMT
> I think the explicit concern about the community was a desire for more
> committers.   Click has contributions from a variety of people, but
> needs more people contributing regularly to provide assurances of the
> longevity desired at Apache.
That supposition looks also strange to me :) :
If I compare the SVN check-in logs of Click (even starting from click
0.6 - so a good few years ago) - it's more constant and high than that
of many Apache projects.

The backward compatibility level trumps too :).
(e.g. concurrent frameworks like to rewrite from scratch entire new
releases - of course in an incompatible manner :). Book publishers might
be charmed by this strategy, user's however aren't :) ).

> I think frequent releases (..) can only help.
I guess there might be a misunderstanding  here too :) :
- the quality of Click trunk code is higher than that of most projects'
RC release quality. Of course, the "disadvantage" of this is that the
issue tracker has a very low "bug traffic" level :). Again, this used to
be a "plus" :).

Adrian.