click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [clickclick] Build.xml fails ...
Date Sat, 16 May 2009 15:34:16 GMT
>> IMHO since this project depends on Click (and it's trunk would make
>> sense to depend on the click trunk trunk too), it would be better if
>> the build.xml would be more robust for such situations.
>

> Sure, if you want to make things more robust let me know and I'll
> provide you with commit access.
OK.

>> Also, it would be quite practical if the version of clickclick would
>> be the same with that of click - users would not have to constantly
>> "map" the versions for each package - simply pick e.g.
>> click{everything}-{version}.jar
> -1 versioning != mapping.
But this very simple case (that was not working this time) proves my
point. Also:
- docs will be always to some extent out of sync.
- this isn't really a "version" since if I recall right, the project is
making *no* releases, so users will build just build it - so there are
only "tags".
- so the "tag" is a mapping in this case - it can simply point the right
Click version.
- it makes life really really simple for users.
- it makes life much simpler for commiters - just put a tag and ready.

Adrian.