click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated to Maven2 repository for third-party dependencies
Date Sat, 16 May 2009 15:27:05 GMT
> I've updated the build to download dependencies from maven2 repository.
> I've also moved the library versions to build.properties. Let me know if
> anything breaks.
It breaks only uncommited(yet) JIRA patches :(.

Also, IMHO there's no need to move the JAR version numbers to
build.properties:
- this is changed by most users. Having more content in it (that also
changes), means that users have one more place to be careful when
merging to the local changes.
- it's one more indirection to find out what jar what version is using.
- the old way was pretty clear and simple, so I think this is not an
improvement.

just my 2 cents.