click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Click Release Strategy
Date Sat, 16 May 2009 10:48:00 GMT
> I would be happy to start working with you on your JIRA's items which
> one would you like to start on?
Here's a possible order - but I guess, that's not that relevant. More
important would be to include them finally (before the source in trunk
changes so much that a merge would not work anymore :( ).

#1 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-539
You suggested to Joseph to move the TypeConverter to a parameter. I
already had such an implementation for myself, so I just sent the patch.

#2 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-536
setRedirect() with parameters works now with this patch.

(Because Click does not support something like "Global Page
Parameter", this small patch eases this use case too - but that's
another story).

#3 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-536
The implementation was suggested by a former Click commiter.
(Mostly in "hello world" like examples, a Table will display only one
Entity. In commercial ones, Table columns need to span to other Entity
properties too - this patch simplifies greatly this - without this, the
Table would need another TransferObject - with it, it can use directly
those Entites, and have operations on them, since the "alias" allows it)

#4 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-505
Cayenne3 has changed some interfaces so the Click integration needs a
recompile (this also takes Ashwood2 since Cayenne3 upgraded to it).

#5 ... many others...

As you can see, applying all these patches is very very simple (it took
more time to make them than it takes to commit and build them).

Adrian.