click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Click Release Strategy
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 14:36:50 GMT

> In this vein, I think click.sourceforge.net should point
> to a SF version of the Click documentation, but should include a
> notice on the SF home page that this is a maintenance version, and
> people should consider migrating to Apache Click to get the latest
> features.
-1 for this.
Click already migrated to Apache.org and it should reflect this on
click.sf.net too.
I think a much better approach would be the other way around:
1. http://click.sf.net should redirect like it's doing now.
2. On the Apache page should be a mention that for older versions, the
old documentation can be found in:
3. a subdirectory somewhere with /old/ in it's path.

> This strategy would also require less effort to maintain and develop.
What about the patches?
Many JIRA issues have patches in them (form the community) but were not
included.
Should we send more, or should we give up :) ?

> I would like to get some feedback on this approach.
For this time, I think it's OK to have this approach.
After the release of 2.1.0, I think however that the Apache practice
requires
to support bug-fix releases too (e.g. 2.1.x).
After 2.1.0, I think the 1.5.x can be abandoned, since the new fixing
branch would be 2.1.x.

Thank you.