click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Click Release Strategy
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 16:00:26 GMT
Adrian A. wrote:

> #6 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-545
>   "Better rendering of disabled link controls"
>   No patch, but the required changes are described in the issue comment.
>   It works on the browsers Click usually supports (see the above
>   LinkDemo example too)

I have a problem with controls which depend on JavaScript because
sometimes (by law) you have to deal with the fact that JavaScript
cannot be used or at least degrade gracefully. Also the issue suggests
to use an external CSS file for links? So if I want to render a link
with Click it will load an external stylesheet? Thats quite heavy for
something as simple as a link.

I've noticed quite a number of JIRA's related to adding styles to
control which I really hope we stay away from.

A more practical approach is to create site wide themes but to me this
is outside Click's scope. See JQuery theme roller for an example:
http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/.

> #10 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-543
>   "SimpleLink control" (or improvement to ExternalLink - although
>                         "SimpleLink" would be a better name.)

We already have too many link and button controls, I'd rather we
consolidate/remove some of them instead of adding more.

bob