click-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: State of many issues?
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:02:04 GMT
Any feedback on these "low hanging fruits"?

> It looks like many issues could be quickly closed because of :existing patch, or issue
being too old or obsolete or problem that can't be reproduced.

> Here's a chronological order of some of them :
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-61
>   This problem can be reproduced, but not sure if it can be fixed at all. The click js
check is using keycodes, but they vary from layout to layout, so I guess there'll always be
a layout where the user can enter invalid characters, or they simply won't work.

> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-94
>   I guess this has nothing to do with Click.
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-140
>   Issue can't be implemented. No author feedback exists. Also Joda-time won't make it
into JDK7 neither.

> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-167
>   Apply the patch? (old sf.net patch)
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-174
>   Apply the patch? (old sf.net patch)
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-191
>   Obsolete. Maybe issue + patch should be migrated to http://code.google.com/p/click-calendar/
?

> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-223
>   Not an issue.
>
> -https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-229
>   Can't reproduce.
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-258
>   Not a Click issue, but a servlet container one.
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-266
>   Obsolete. Maybe issue + patch should be migrated to http://code.google.com/p/click-calendar/
too?

> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-296
>   Table is a complicated component, so Format should be used inside of Decorator.
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-306
>   -1 for this too.
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-397
>   Already fixed?
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-399
>   Apply (patch) snippet.
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-404
>   Apply code from attachment?
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-421
>   Apply patch? (I'm using the component myself now - but with a local patch :( )
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-505
>   Apply patch (I'm using the component myself now - but with a local patch :( )
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-516
>   Apply patch. I'm using the click-examples myself allot with this patch locally since
I can follow simply with the debugger.

> So I think the above issues could be quickly closed, thus making a big cleanup in JIRA
:).

> Also, more other issues have patches, so I think they should be analyzed and applied
too before it's too late (and are not good anymore because of refactorings).