click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A very good Calendar replacement (MIT license)
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:56:14 GMT
>> The problem we currently have is that this DateField is not provide
>> the functionality it used to in SF Click.  I have lots of applications
>> I can't migrate to Apache Click until this issue is addressed.
> OK, I see. Than maybe this issue should have the highest priority since
> other users as well might also wait with the migration to the Apache
> version of Click.
>
>> CalendarDateSelect provides the closet functional match to JS
>> Calendar. If someone would contribute a jquery DateField control with
>> time select capabilities that would be perfect. Otherwise
>> CalendarDateSelect is the best candiate that I know of.
> Another option would be to have DateField as composed of other two
> controls:
> 1. a calendar:
> http://keith-wood.name/datepick.html
Joseph has here a nice Click Calendar control based on this one:
http://calendar.moonscript.com/dateinput.cfm

but it has no localization support (and no time entry either) :(.

Since there are so many Calendars, but only with Date, no Time,
the best solution seems to remain to extend one of them with a Time
field too :(.

If such a component is urgent, I think the main problem is much more to
decide what JS solution(combination) to take, so that the community to
be able give a try and implement it.

A.