click-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: A very good Calendar replacement (MIT license)
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:34:22 GMT
> The problem we currently have is that this DateField is not provide
> the functionality it used to in SF Click.
> I have lots of applications
> I can't migrate to Apache Click until this issue is addressed.
OK, I see. Than maybe this issue should have the highest priority since
other users as well might also wait with the migration to the Apache
version of Click.

> CalendarDateSelect provides the closet functional match to JS
> Calendar. If someone would contribute a jquery DateField control with
> time select capabilities that would be perfect. Otherwise
> CalendarDateSelect is the best candiate that I know of.
Another option would be to have DateField as composed of other two controls:
1. a calendar:
http://keith-wood.name/datepick.html
2. and a time entry:
http://keith-wood.name/timeEntry.html
one after the other (just like the CrediCardField).

This way, it would behave from the API point of view just like the SF
Click component, but from the UI behavior would be even better.

It would also have the advantage that users that don't need time (and in
many cases is not needed) could use the it simply without, or those that
need only time, would also have a much better time entry than it used to
be with the SF Click component.

I took a look at that Prototype based solution
(http://electronicholas.com/calendar), but I'm not that good with Ruby
to be able to make a Click component out if it quickly :(.

A.