click-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian A." <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A very good Calendar replacement (MIT license)
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:01:39 GMT
> How about for DateField we use CalendarDateSelect (prototype), as this
> provide closest feature set to the previous control.  The prototype
> import would only be included for this control, it wouldn't be
> included in the extras JS import.
>
> In addition we could include an extras jquery package including
> Datepicker control, and also include some of the other jquery
> controls, e.g.
>
> Accordion
> Dialog
> Progressbar
> Slider
> Tabs
+1 for jQuery controls.
However I think the best strategy would be to separate/refactor all
Prototype based controls in a separate package:
"org.apache.click.extras.prototype"

This way, in "org.apache.click.extras.control"
could be the "standalone" controls that have their own
javascript and could be used with both frameworks.

The jQuery controls could go than in:
org.apache.click.extras.jquery"

This would be much simpler for the user and also much more predictable.
(similar to org.apache.click.extras.cayenne and hibernate packages)

Thank you,
A.