click-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: What does graduation mean? Was: [VOTE] Propose Click for Graduation
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:40:42 GMT
> I think the users expect a graduated project to be very stable and robust.
I think Click was always so (Click in HEAD compared to other frameworks
declared "final"). I just received a few click applications made with
various older click versions, and its incredible how good and stable it
was even for versions before 1.0.

> If major refactoring comes after the graduation people will think of it
> as a moving target.
Who said there will be a major refactgoring?

> For example changing package names after graduation will result in a
> rebellion. :)
This was already done (and a release was already made - 2.0.1):
from net.sf.click to  org.apache.click quite a while ago.

Joseph.