click-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Some features - was: "Re: [VOTE] Propose Click for Graduation" by Gabor.
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:26:21 GMT
> Companies and developers will start to use the framework without much
> hesitation because they trust in the solution.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-424
> The  Jira issue above points out that the .htm and .jsp extensions are
> hard coded in the ClickServlet and int the XmlConfigService classes.
> The XmlConfigService class is a little bit complex and the modification
> of this class is essential to solve this issue.
> If the configuration parts need to be changed to a great extent the
> framework will be unstable for a while.
>
> Why extensions other than *.htm and *.jsp are important?
I think the click concept of "Pages" should remain as it is, and should
apply only the *.htm
and *.jsp pages (Velocity or JSP).
Other extensions should be handled differently, not as a page, since
they are not "pages" in the real sense of the word.

Handling *other file types* is however important, but I think specific
controls should handle this, controls that can be linked from pages.

> Other extensions would allow to generate template based
>
> - css file,
-1
considered a bad practice to dynamically generate CSS.

> - xml and rss files,
+1
I think they should be threated separately (and should be controls -
e.g. link controls).

> - xml sitemaps and sitemap index,
+1.
(Also the sitemap that can be submitted to google would be good for
public click applications: http://www.sitemaps.org )

> - json data files,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-509
Please vote for it, or submit a patch if you already have a good one
that would fit with the Click concept.

> - csv files,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-388
Please vote for it, or ... :).

> - parametric javascript files,
-1.

> etc.
I would add:
- PDF: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-507
- FileDownload support, "controlled download" to be more precise:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-389

> Example sitemap index
> http://217.114.115.252/sitemap-index.htm
I'm getting only:
-------------------
  http://217.114.115.252/sitemap.htm?cat=346  2009-04-17T18:52:58+01:00
  http://217.114.115.252/sitemap.htm?cat=883  2009-04-17T18:52:58+01:00
So no nice sitemap example :(.

> Example rss
> http://217.114.115.252/rss.htm?is=50
Nice. I'll make a JIRA issue for this too.

> Kind Regards
> Jozsef G.

thanks,
Joseph.