click-dev mailing list archives

From "jozsef.gabor@bluewin.ch" <jozsef.ga...@bluewin.ch>
Subject AW: What does graduation mean? Was: [VOTE] Propose Click for Graduation
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:21:49 GMT

"Graduation has nothing to do with project features though."
Indeed.

Let us think about it for a moment. The graduation of the project will be announced all around.
There will be many reports and blog entries in the tech community about it.
I think the users expect a graduated project to be very stable and robust.
If major refactoring comes after the graduation people will think of it as a moving target.
For example changing package names after graduation will result in a rebellion. :)

I would only announce that the project is on the way to a successful graduation.
So people can start learning it and prepare to use it  on Google app engine with groovy.
etc. etc.

I am very happy with the project. Click deserved to be a top level project on Apache.

Kind Regards
Jozsef