click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A very good Calendar replacement (MIT license)
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:26:33 GMT
florin.g wrote:
> Will the prototype based calendar be the default?
> Will the prototype library be loaded with the jsImports by default?

Do you mean that if you include click-extras in your project that
Prototype will be included through $jsImports variable? Then no
Prototype is only included when you use a control which depends on it.
Currently those controls are CheckList, ColorPicker and
AutoCompleteTextField.

If you steer clear of those controls Prototype won't be included.

> Will I not be able to use $.(..jquery..) any longer but do jQuery(...)
> instead?

Only if you include a Prototype based control will you need to use jQuery.

> I would appreciate a way (hopefully not too difficult) to not use prototype.

Does the above explanation clear things up?

kind regards

bob