click-dev mailing list archives

From jschmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject State of many issues?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:04:01 GMT

Hi,
It looks like many issues could be quickly closed because of :existing patch, or issue being
too old or obsolete or problem that can't be reproduced.

Here's a chronological order of some of them :
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-61
  This problem can be reproduced, but not sure if it can be fixed at all. The click js check
is using keycodes, but they vary from layout to layout, so I guess there'll always be a layout
where the user can enter invalid characters, or they simply won't work.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-94
  I guess this has nothing to do with Click.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-140
  Issue can't be implemented. No author feedback exists. Also Joda-time won't make it into
JDK7 neither.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-167
  Apply the patch? (old sf.net patch)

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-174
  Apply the patch? (old sf.net patch)

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-191
  Obsolete. Maybe issue + patch should be migrated to http://code.google.com/p/click-calendar/
?

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-223
  Not an issue.

-https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-229
  Can't reproduce.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-258
  Not a Click issue, but a servlet container one.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-266
  Obsolete. Maybe issue + patch should be migrated to http://code.google.com/p/click-calendar/
too?

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-296
  Table is a complicated component, so Format should be used inside of Decorator.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-306
  -1 for this too.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-397
  Already fixed?

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-399
  Apply (patch) snippet.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-404
  Apply code from attachment?

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-421
  Apply patch? (I'm using the component myself now - but with a local patch :( )

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-505
  Apply patch (I'm using the component myself now - but with a local patch :( )

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-516
  Apply patch. I'm using the click-examples myself allot with this patch locally since I can
follow simply with the debugger.

So I think the above issues could be quickly closed, thus making a big cleanup in JIRA :).

Also, more other issues have patches, so I think they should be analyzed and applied too before
it's too late (and are not good anymore because of refactorings).

thanks,
Joseph.