click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Click Feature Concepts and Roadmap
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:26:26 GMT
Hi Fredrik,

Fredrik Jonson wrote:

> I have a few quick comments on the F&R ideas. Hope it's okay to post
> on the devel list even though I'm just a mere click user.

Yep, sure is.

> On the datepicker: The wicket people seems to use a datepicker from
> the yui project, have you considered that option already?
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/calendar/

Nods I did look at the YUI version. My primary reason for not using it
was that YUI calendar is quite large, 250KB compressed, while
JSCalendar is 40KB. For an intranet app this won't matter much but on
the web it could be a factor.

As you probably know the JSCalendar is still alive and well but as a
separate project: http://code.google.com/p/click-calendar/

We could add the JSCalendar project as a dependency to the build
script and have it downloaded. We do the same for Hibernate which is
LGPL as well. I think Will raised the issue that we just need to
provide an option to easily switch off LGPL dependencies. The
project.properties has such an option :)

> On Java 5: I like the annotation proposal. It can become more strong
> typed by using a enum BindableType { Control, Model, Request }
> and declare:
>
>   @Bindable(BindableType.Control)
>   private Form form = new Form();

+1 strong typing is good idea.