click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject performance improvement
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 21:13:16 GMT
Done some performance testing today and noticed that when there is a
large hierarchy of controls on page, performance degrade quite a bit.

I've tracked down the problem to AbstractContainer#getHtmlImports
which creates a large buffer for HTML imports. Each container in the
hierarchy will create this buffer, whether its used or not, which is
wasted memory and causes the performance degrade.

I've checked in a change to create a buffer of size 0 which resolves
the above issues. And since subclasses such as Form creates their own
buffers this should not impact existing code.

bob