I would like to see the JDK 1.5 issue discussed again.

Having to maintain a series of large Click web applications, which use autobinding I think it autobinding has problems. Its not obvious as to what is happening, and behavioural errors can be very difficult to find.

If you had annotations, you could make it explicit that variables or properties should be bindable or not.

regards Malcolm Edgar